ANTI RAGGING POLICIES
GLBIMR Campus is ragging free campus. Number of anti-ragging measures are in place to ensure strict compliance.
Ragging is a criminal offence as per the Supreme Court verdict. Ragging constitutes one or more of the following acts:
- Any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness the freshers or any other students.
- Including in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any freshers or other students.
- Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student.
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students.
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: Sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health of person.
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insult which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from activity or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other students.
- Assault as well as sexual offences or unnatural offences
- Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student.
With or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by student over any fresher or any other student.
Ragging in all its forms is totally banned in GLBIMR campus including in its departments, constituent units, all its premises (academic, residential, sports, kiosks, cafeteria and the like)located within the campus. The Institution shall take strict action including but not limited to criminal proceeding and/or cancellation of admission against those found guilty of ragging and/or of abetting ragging and the burden of proof shall hereby lie on the perpetrator of alleged ragging and not on the victim. An offence of Ragging may be charged either on a written complaint by the affected or on independent finding of the Anti Ragging Squad.
As per the regulation our students and their parents submit anti ragging related affidavits to the Institution at the time of admission. Our Institute has an Anti-Ragging committee to look after the same. Guilty students will be penalized in accordance with guidelines and recommendations of appropriate authorities.
For All Parents/Guardians:
Anti-Ragging Affidavit (Mandatory for all Students)
- It has been made mandatory by the AICTE and by the Hon’ble Supreme Court that each student is to provide an affidavit on a Non-Judicial Stamp Paper of Rs.10/- duly attested by oath commissioner (in the notary in their own home town) to the effect that he would not indulge in any ragging activities. It has also been made mandatory for the parents to give a similar affidavit on a Non-Judicial Stamp Paper of Rs.10/- duly attested by Oath Commissioner saying that their wards would not indulge in any such ragging activities. Separate formats have been designed for both the students and parents.
- This information along with the formats of the affidavits and Regulation of AICTE has already been sent to all students through their e-mail addresses.
- The affidavit forms and regulations of AICTE can also be downloaded from the link https://www.aicte-india.org/grievance/anti. Students and parents are advised to read carefully the Regulations of All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) which was notified vide F.No. 37-3/Legal/AICTE/2009 dated 01 July 2009 and submit the affidavits in original to the Institute’s authorities at the time of admission.
- “Anti Ragging UGC Helpline No.” – 1800-180-5522, E-mail: email@example.com
For Complaint Click here
Ragging and the Indian penal Code
|339||Wrongful restraint||1 Month|
|340||Wrongful confinement||1 Year|
|341||Punishment for Wrongful restraint||1 Month|
|342||Punishment for Wrongful confinement||1 Year|
|292||Obscene acts and songs||2 Year|
|506||Punishment for criminal intimidation||7 Year|
|323||Punishment for voluntarily causing hurt||1 Year|
|324||Voluntarily causing hurt by dangerous weapons or means||3 Year|
|325||Punishment for Voluntarily causing grievous hurt||7 Year|
|326||Voluntarily causing grievous hurt by dangerous Weapons or means||Life Imprisonment|
|304||Punishment for culpable homicide not amounting to murder||Life Imprisonment|
|306||Abetment of suicide||10 Years|
|307||Attempt to murder||10 Years|
Anti Ragging Committee
|Sl.||Name of Official||Desig.||Contact No.||E-mail Id|
|2||Dr. Anand Kumar Rai||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Dr. Parul Yadav||Memberemail@example.com|
|4||Dr. Harsh Pratap Singh||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|5||Mr. Kuldeep Adhana||Memberemail@example.com|
|6||Ms. Radhika Malhotra||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|7||Shri Sandeep Kumar (Parents)||Memberemail@example.com|
|8||Mr. Ranu Singh (2nd year student)||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Anti Ragging Squad
|Sl.||Name of Official||Desig.||Contact No.||E-mail Id|
|1||Dr. Anand Kumar Rai||Faculty Inchargeemail@example.com|
|2||Dr. Parul Yadav||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|3||Dr. Arvind Kr. Bhatt||Memberemail@example.com|
|4||Mr. Kuldeep Adhana||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|5||Dr. Harsh Pratap Singh||Memberemail@example.com|
|1||Dr. Anand Kr. Rai||9811743141|
|3||Ms. Radhika Malhotra||9810214361|
Students can contact the counsellors for any help and guidance.
Names and Telephone Numbers of the Officers of Police Department, Gautam Buddha Nagar District:
|S. No.||Post||Office||Mobile No|
|1||SSP - Noida||2473300 / 2514750||9870395001|
|3||CO (Greater Noida)||9870395009|
|4||SHO (Knowledge Park)||9870395069|