Day 2 - PGDM Batch 2016-2018 Induction Programme at GLBIMR
On the occasion of commencement of our new batch of PGDM, GL Bajaj Institute of Management and Research witnessed a power packed second day of the 3 days extensive Induction Programme for PGDM Batch 2016-2018 on July 8, 2016 on the theme - Corporate Expectations & Insights for Aspiring Managers”.
GLBIMR welcomed the new batch of PGDM on the second day of Induction program with warmth & keenness. Specifically tailored for the new batch, the three day Induction Program is designed to inspire students to think big and create a platform of learning, interacting and change their perspective during their stint in the campus. The second day was lined up with enlightening sessions. The Programme was inaugurated by Shri Pankaj Agarwal, Vice Chairman, G.L Bajaj Group and Dr. Urvashi Makkar, Director General, GLBIMR by lighting the ceremonial lamp. Lightening of lamp is associated with inciting positive energy and adds auspiciousness to the environment
Filled with new aspirations, the new batch was warmly welcomed by the Vice Chairman Shri Pankaj Agarwal, which added a new energy & magnetism to the Program. Sir emphasized on the importance of management education in today’s competitive world for the transformation of society.
On this occasion the GLBIMR Bi-Annual Magazine “Nouvelle” was also unveiled by the dignitaries. Shri Pankaj Agarwal, Vice Chairman, G.L Bajaj Group congratulated the editorial team for their unending efforts. “Nouvelle” will reflect all the activities & buzz going in and around campus.
Creating platform of knowledge, interaction and inspiration, Dr. Urvashi Makkar, Director General, GLBIMR enlightened students on varied business and management aspects and highlighted the importance of holistic management & entrepreneurship for the betterment of the society. Dr Makkar emphasized that The Induction program aims to cultivate knowledge and prepare the students to manage the challenges during the PGDM program and prepare them for the big roles within corporate world, business management, socio-economic & political cultural perspective.
Diverse speakers and distinguished Guests of Honour from the varied arena of Corporate and government sector shared their views and enlightened the Students & Staff. Mr. Pulock Bhattacharji, Vice President, BSE Institute Limited left the audience spell bounded with his extremely relevant knowledge sharing session. Keeping the momentum ongoing and motivating students Mr. S. Jagota, Director, Global Business Solution, Dr. R.Singh, Training Director – International Programme Division, NISEBUD, MSME inspired the students to think broadly about the ever-changing dynamics of business and entrepreneurship and their impact on the world . Dr. Binod Kumar, Ex Professor, IIM Kolkata emphasized on role of dynamic education.
Post lunch students eagerly looked forward for the session of Mr. Sudhir Zutshi, Director- Industry & Government Affairs, Market Access, New Business Initiatives- South Asia; Dr. Pooran Chandra Pandey, Executive Director, United Nations Global Compact Network India; Mr S.C Pradhan, Senior Economic Advisor, South Arican High Commission New Delhi. The speakers emphasized the importance of Cross-Cultural Management, Effective Communication and Time Management.
Audience comprising of GLBIMR family of Students, Faculty and Staff Members and Members of Governing Board, Media, Parents, representatives of Professional bodies attended the splendid event. Dean, Dr. Kirti Dutta presented the vote of thanks to the speakers and delegates and concluded the day two of three days extensive Induction Programme
Apart from various sessions on day two, the students underwent registration & validation process on July 7,2016 . The first day of the Induction Programme primarily aimed at sensitizing the new batch of students and their parents towards institute’s philosophy, curriculum, pedagogy and developing their knowledge base. The new batch showed much excitement & zeal during their campus tour & got familiar with the Institute. A dedicated interactive session was conducted by Dr. Urvashi Makkar, Director General, GLBIMR with the Parents of students to apprise them more about the Institute
- Expert Talk on Global Issues in Strategic Management
- International Conference Innovations in Technology
- One Day Certification Programme on “Digital Marketing”
- Foundation Day Celebrations 2016
- Teacher's Day Celebrations
- BSE Certification on “Basic Course on Stock Market”
- Expert Talk on “Accounting for Managers"
- Expert Talk Series on "Reality Check"
- BSE Certification Program
- Visit to National Small Industries Corporation
- Fresher's Party @ GLBIMR
- Expert Talk by Mr. Kamal Singh
- Visit to Aaj Tak Studio by GLBIMR Students
- Expert Talk on "Brand Me"
- AD MAD Competition
- Industrial Visit - Moserbaer India Limited
- Visit to Aaj Tak Studio by GLBIMR PGDM Students
- Certification Workshop by GHRDC
- First Unfurling of "The Tallest & The Biggest" National Flag
- Blood Donation Camp
- 40 Hours Certification Workshop
- Mock Interview Session 2
- Industrial Visit to Anmol Bakers Private Limited
- GLBIMR PGDM Students Participated in Corporate Interface Series at AIMA
- Mock Interview Session
- Expert Talk on "Career in Financial Sector"
- GLBIMR PGDM Students Participated in Live Talk Show at AAJ TAK
- GLBIMR pays tribute to DrKalam on his Death Anniversary
- GLBIMR Students Participated in Corporate Interface Series
- "Van Mahotsav"- Celebrations at GLBIMR
- Expert Talk - By Dr. Sanjiv Mittal at GLBIMR
- Expert Talk on "Accounting for Managers"
- GLBIMR Re-Orientation Programme for PGDM Batch 2015-2017.
- Parents Interaction Session
- Management Game session
- Day3 - Induction Programme 2016
- Day2 - Induction Programme 2016
- Reorientation Bonanza
- Faculty Orientation Programme 2016
- 7th Convocation for PGDM (2013-15)
- PGDM Convocation 2016 (Batch 2013-15) - Conferring of Diplomas
- GLBIMR Students in Collaboration with Mersion Sent to UCLA, USA
- GLBIMR bestowed with Eminent Director Award by CSR
- Workshop on - How to Convert your SIP into PPO
- Two Days Extensive Workshop on "The Magic of Communication"
- Case-Study Analysis Competition
- Special Talk on Financial Literacy
- Students Learnt about E-Commerce Potential at PHD Chamber
- CSI IT Excellence Award to Dr. Urvashi Makkar
- "CTS - 2016"
- Workshop on "ABCD to Achieve Your Dreams"
- Students Attended Full Day Workshop on Case Study Analysis
- DG Addressed National Conference on Women Empowerment
- Students Participated In Corporate Interface Series
- Press Conference at GLBIMR 2016
- Workshop – Doing Business Globally-Shrinking Boundaries and Expanding Horizons
- Pool Campus – VFN Group
- Campus drive by Pepsi
- GD & Personal Interview Session
- Management Development Programme(MDP) 2015
- NIPM Quiz Contest 2015
- INTERACTION - Kiran Bedi
- Foundation Day and Teachers Day
- Orientation 2015
- Interaction with Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
- Legend of Media Industry
- Convocation 2015
- HR SUMMIT 2014
- Microsoft Imagine Cup 2014
- Markting & IT Workshop 2014
- HR WORKSHOP- 2014
- Seminar on Core Banking 2013
- Convocation Batch 2011-2013
- Orientation Programme 2013
- CONVOCATION 2013
- Marketing Summit 2013
- IT Summit 2012
- Global Immersion Program
- Orientation Programme 2012
- CONVOCATION 2012
- AIMA 2012
- HR SUMMIT 2012
Latest News & Events
5 Dec 16
5 Dec 16
3 Dec 16
1 Dec 16
1 Dec 16