Dr. Harsh Pratap Singh
Assistant Professor (Finance)
Dr. Harsh Pratap Singh is an Assistant Professor in the area of finance at G. L. Bajaj Institute of Management and Research. He has seven years of teaching and research experience. Dr. Singh has obtained his doctorate from Malaviya National Institute of Technology (MNIT) Jaipur and Master in Business Administration (MBA) from Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow. He has qualified UGC-NET-JRF in the year 2012. His research areas include Working Capital Management, SME Financing and Behavioral Finance.
Dr. Singh has 5 publications of repute in his credit. His research work has appeared in various refereed international journals with publication houses like, Emerald and Inderscience. His research work has been published in International journals like Managerial Finance, Qualitative Research in Financial Markets, International Journal of management Practices. Dr Singh has also participated in various National Conferences, Workshops, and Faculty Development Programme held at various places like Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru, Great Lakes Institute Chennai, Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi.
Dr. Singh is Ad-hoc reviewer for international journals of repute like, Review of International Business and Strategy, International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, Qualitative Research in Financial Markets.
|Doctorate (Phd)||Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur||2017|
|NET with JRF||UGC, New Delhi||2012|
|MBA||Uttar Pradesh Technical University, Lucknow||2010|
|B.Com||Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University Agra||2007|
Teaching and Research Interest
- Research Interest: Current research interests include: Working Capital Management, Capital Markets, Behavioral Finance, SMEs financing.
- Teaching Interest: Financial Management, Financial Accounting, Management Accounting and Managerial Economics.
Teaching and Research Experience
|March 2017 - May 2017||Assistant Professor||School of Management, Poornima University, Jaipur|
|Jan 2015 - Feb 2017||Senior Research Fellow||Department of Management Studies, Malaviya National Institute of technology|
|Jan 2013 - Dec 2015||Junior Research Fellow||Department of Management Studies, Malaviya National Institute of technology|
|August 2012 - Dec 2012||Lecturer||Department of Business Admin.
Aligarh College of Engineering and Technology, Aligarh (U.P)
|Sep 2010 - July2012||Lecturer||Department of Business Admin.
Vivekananda College of Technology and Management, Aligarh (U.P)
- H. Baker, Kumar, Satish, Colombage, Sisira and Singh, Harsh Partap. “Working capital management practices in India: survey evidence”, Managerial Finance, Vol.43 (3), pp. 331-353. SCOPUS Indexed and listed in Thomson Reuters (ESCI), ABDC and ERA.
- Singh, Harsh Pratap, Kumar, Satish., & Colombage, Sisira (2017), “Working Capital Management and Firm Profitability: A Meta-Analysis”, Qualitative Research in Financial Markets, Vol. 9(1), pp-34-37. SCOPUS Indexed and listed in Thomson Reuters (ESCI), ABDC and ERA.
- Singh, Harspratap and Kumar, Satish (2017), “A cross Industry analysis of working capital management in India: Pre and Post financial crisis”, International Journal of Management Practice (IJMP), Vol.10 No. 2, pp. 152-174. SCOPUS Indexed and ABDC and ERA listed journal.
- Singh, Harshpartap, Goyal, Nisha and Kumar, Satish (2016), “Behavioural Biases in Investment Decision: An Exploration of Role of Gender", Indian Journal of Finance, Volume 10, Issue 6, pp. 51-62. SCOPUS Indexed
- Singh, Harsh partap and Kumar, Satish (2014), “Working capital management: A literature review and research agenda", Qualitative Research in Financial Markets, Volume 6, Issue 2, pp. 173-197. SCOPUS Indexed and listed in Thomson Reuters (ESCI), ABDC and ERA
Conferences, Seminars, and Workshops
- Participated in “Summer Research School” organized by Department of Management Studies, Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur during July 3 -4, 2016.
- Participated in Short Term Training Program on “Conducting and Publishing Quality Research” organized by Department of Management Studies, Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur during Febraury 29 to March 4, 2016.
- Presented a paper titled “Determinants of Working Capital Management: Empirical Evidence from SMEs in India at 5th Annual Finance Conference held at Great Lakes Institute of Management Chennai on January 27, 2015
- Presented a paper titled “Working Capital Management and Firm’s Profitability: A Meta Analysis” at The 15th Consortium of Students in Management Research (COSMAR15) Conference Organized by Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Science Bangalore on 24th & 25th November 2015
- Participated in National Workshop on “Research Implication of Econometrics and Quantitative Techniques” organized by Department of Management Studies, Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur in collaboration with The Indian Econometrics Society (TIES) during 20th to 24 March, 2015
- Participated in One Week Workshop on “Basic Econometrics” organized by University School of Management Studies, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University New Delhi during 19th to 24th December, 2014.
- Participated in Faculty Development Program on “Demystifying Derivatives” organized by Department of Management Studies, Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur during 7th to 11th October, 2013
- Participated in Workshop on “Technology Management- Opportunities and Challenges” organized by Department of Management Studies, Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur and sponsored by UK-India Education and Research Initiative-(UKIERI) British Council on 30th May 2013.
- Participated in “Brainstorming conference on STP 2013 Implementation” organized by Malaviya National Institute of Technology Jaipur and sponsored by Ministry of Science and Technology (GOI) on 30th April 2013.
Latest News & Events
- 18 May 19
- 17 May 19
- 16 May 19
- 15 May 19
- 14 May 19