Dr. Prachi Agarwal
Human Resource Management/Organizational Behavior
Dr. Prachi Agarwal is working as an Assistant Professor in the area of Human Resource Management and Organizational Behavior. She is a Scholarship holder and a Gold Medalist in MBA (Human Resource Management) as well as in graduation (State Topper). She has a teaching experience of more than 6 years in Amity Business School, Institute of Management Studies (IMS), Jamia Millia Islamia and Galgotias University. She has presented a number of research papers in National and International Conferences. She has to her credit research papers published in journals of repute. In addition to academia, she has also been an Official trainer for the Commonwealth Games, conducting skill labs on team building, motivation, self awareness, and communication. She has responsibly handled various administrative activities like organizing educational tours for the students, encouraging the students to participate in various management and cultural events, Guiding and mentoring students of MBA regarding their summer projects, dissertation and industry visits. Her areas of expertise are Organizational Behavior, Human Resource Management, Performance Management System, Organization Theory and Management, Organization Change and Development, Business Ethics, Principles of Management, etc.
Ph.D. (Submitted), UGC NET (JRF), MBA (HR), BSc (Human Development)
(6years in teaching and research)
- First Position in PhD course work, Department of Social Work, Jamia Millia Islamia.
- Won MERIT SCHOLARSHIP for outstanding performance in MBA (HR).
- Received award for BEST CGPA IN MBA (HR) at Amity Business School.
- Received award for best performance in HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT & INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS at Amity Business School for the session 2007 – 2009.
- First Rank in graduation- received MERIT-CUM- GOLD MEDAL
- Won GOLD MEDAL, SCHOLARSHIP, and BHAMASHAH AWARD for academic excellence from Maharana Mewar Foundation for securing first position in graduation at State Level (Rajasthan).
Areas of Interest:
- Human Resource Management
- Organizational Behavior
Research publications in International Journals
- Agarwal, P (2012). Aligning Person-Organization Fit With the Practice of Human Resource Management. International Journal of Management Prudence, Vol. III, No. 1, pp- 13-21. (ISSN: 09758496)
- Agarwal,P. and Sagar, P (2012). The Impact of Person-Organization Value Congruence on Organizational Commitment in a Public Sector Organization. International Journal of Research in Commerce and Management, Vol. III, No. 9, pp- 151-156. (ISSN: 0976-2183)
- Sagar, P. and Agarwal, P. (2012). Ten HR Ways of Managing Corporate Social Responsibility Effectively. International Journal of Organizational Behavior and Management Perspectives, Vol. I, No. 2, pp- 150-157. (ISSN:22790950)
Chapters in Edited Books
- Agarwal, P (2014). The Role of the Fit between Individual Values and Organizational Values on the Organizational Commitment of Managerial Level Employees. Strategic Human Resource Management: The Indian Perspective. Publisher: Archers and Elevators, Bangalore. (ISBN: 978-93-83241-64-4)
- Agarwal, P. and Sagar, P (2012). Knowledge Management: Does the Person-Organization Fit Matter? Knowledge Management and HRM: Issues and Challenges. (ISBN: 978-81-922331-1-6)
- Sagar, P. and Agarwal, P. (2012). Leadership as a Pathway to Effective Knowledge Management. Knowledge Management and HRM: Issues and Challenges (ISBN: 978-81-922331-1-6).
- Written 12 units/ chapters for Arjun Singh Centre for Distance Learning, Jamia Millia Islamia. May 2011. Course: People Management
- Written 12 units/ chapters for Arjun Singh Centre for Distance Learning, Jamia Millia Islamia. May 2011.Course:Organizational Change and Development
Papers presented in International Conference
- 7th International Conference on “Changing Tapestry of HR in the continuing Global Economic Crises: Issues, Challenges and Strategies” at JIMS Kalkaji, New Delhi. (Feb, 2012)
- Paper presented in International Management Research Conference on “Culture, Values, Mindset, Gender and Strategy: A Need for Re-positioning SHRM” at Faculty of Management Studies, Amity University, Sec-125, Noida, Uttar Pradesh. (15th-16th May 2014)
- Paper presented in International Conference on Business Innovation and IT at College of Applied Education and Health Sciences, Meerut (November, 28, 2015)
Papers presented in National Conference
- Paper presented in National Seminar on “Knowledge Management and HRM: Issues and Challenges” at Centre for Management Studies, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi. (March 14, 2012)
- Paper presented in National Conference on “Innovative Strategies for Global Business in Recessionary Times” at KC Institute of Management, Pandoga, Himachal Pradesh .(March 24 & 25, 2012)
Conferences and Seminars Attended
- International Conference on “Relevance of Policy Reforms on Development: Challenges before Emerging Economics”. (Held at Jamia Millia Islamia: Feb 2011)
- All India Conference on The Profession of Social Work at the Crossroads (Organized by UGC Centre of Advanced Study, Jamia Millia Islamia: Feb 2012)
- Workshop on Development of Self learning Material and Counselling Process in Distance Education. (Organized by Arjun Singh Centre for Distance and Open Learning: March 2011)
- International Author Workshop on “How to Write for and Get Published in Journals and Publish Manuscripts” (Conducted by Springer and Edanz along with IGNOU: Jan 2013)
- Seven - day Workshop on Universal Human Values and Ethics (Organized by Galgotias University, Greater Noida: July 2015)
- Management Development Programme on How to become an Effective OD Consultant.(Held at Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida: Feb 2012)
- Faculty Development Programme on SPSS & Research Methods (Organized by School of Management, Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida in collaboration with SPSS South Asia Pvt. Ltd. Banglore: March 2012).
- Faculty Development Programme on Case Teaching Workshop (Organized by School of Business, Galgotias University, Greater Noida: Sep 2014)
Latest News & Events
- 10 Dec 19
- 7 Dec 19
- 6 Dec 19
- 4 Dec 19
- 3 Dec 19